PlayThrive is seeking new members to join its Board of Directors. PlayThrive is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting whole child education in a Mandarin immersion environment. In addition to administering the PlayThrive School, PlayThrive fosters a community of parents and educators that supports Mandarin whole child education and inspires students to appreciate Chinese culture.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the board during this unique time to help promote PlayThrive’s mission and serve the community. If you have a passion for whole child education and experience in strategic governance, business planning/operations, fundraising, or community outreach, please send a brief description of your background and interest to serve on the board to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 31.
For more information: www.PlayThrive.org
Key Board Member Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement PlayThrive’s strategic plan.
- Oversee the effectiveness of PlayThrive School of Mandarin Whole Child Education.
- Participate and productively contribute to board meetings.
- Approve PlayThrive’s annual budget, audit reports, and business decisions.
- Partner with other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serve on committees or task forces and take on special assignments as needed.
- Represent PlayThrive to stakeholders; act as an ambassador for the organization.
Board Members are expected to:
- Commit to a 2-year term (renewable).
- Commit to PlayThrive’s vision, mission, and policies.
- Attend monthly board meetings and the annual board retreat.
- Invest 3-5 hours per month to performing duties and tasks.