PlayThrive applies the same project-based, SEL approach for both the On-campus and At-home (online) programs, as well as all of our seasonal camps. Our On-campus and At-home programs effectively teach students the appropriate Hanban YCT Mandarin levels for their grade level.
On-Campus Program (Orion Campus)
- Projects-based learning units of 1-3 weeks
- 1:10 teacher-student ratio
- Assistance for both Mandarin and English homework
- Hours: after school to 6 pm
- Open on all RCSD school days
- Visit our Teachers page to read about all our experienced and highly qualified on-campus educators
After school enrichment
- Included Activities: Music, art, stories, maker lab, weaving, kung-fu, math & games
- Optional Activities: Abacus, Lion Dance, Chinese dance can be available
Aligned with RCSD’s school calendar year, PlayThrive offers camps during the spring and summer breaks. Please stay tuned for more updates about them at a later date on this page.
At-Home Program (online)
- Projects-based learning units of 1-3 weeks, which include themes like history, community, environment, and seasons
- 40 min classes Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs
- Classes at 2PM or 3PM
- Spring semester 2/7 – 5/28, no classes the week of 2/15 & 3/29
- 1:6 teacher-student ratio
“During the challenging restrictions from COVID-19, PlayThrive has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to offer creative solutions to meet families and children’s needs as best as possible. I am not in favor of the extended screen time… but the afternoon PlayThrive sessions are the only time I hear my child laughing, giggling, socializing. and running to me proudly showing me the most recent creation made.”
– Melody, 2nd grade parent
Our online teachers are well-versed in educational technologies and are committed to engaging your child to create healthy and creative associations with digital learning. You can learn more about our teachers here.