PlayThrive is currently seeking two new members to join the Board of Directors: A Director of Operations and a Director of Communications. PlayThrive is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting whole-child education in a Mandarin immersion environment. In addition to administering the PlayThrive School, the board of directors serves our community by inspiring students to appreciate Chinese culture and fostering a community of parents and educators that supports whole child education in a bilingual environment.
If you have a passion for whole child education, experience in strategic governance, marketing and communications, or operations, please send a brief description of your background and your interest in either of the positions to email@example.com by Friday, 04/30. This invitation to express interest is open to all. Enrollment of your children in PlayThrive is not required.
Both new board members will support PlayThrive’s overall goals:
- Develop and implement PlayThrive’s strategic plan.
- Oversee the effectiveness of PlayThrive School of Mandarin Whole Child Education.
- Participate and productively contribute to board meetings.
- Approve PlayThrive’s annual budget, audit reports, and business decisions.
- Partner with other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serve on committees or task forces and take on special assignments as needed.
- Represent PlayThrive to stakeholders; act as an ambassador for the organization.
The Director of Communications’ specific responsibilities include:
- Own and execute the communications strategy for PlayThrive’s board including quarterly outreach to the PlayThrive community.
- Oversee the PlayThrive School’s communication including website development, recruiting communication, community events and support for the Head of School and teachers.
The Director of Operations’ specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of policies and processes related to PlayThrive School operations; provide guidance to the Head of School and administrative staff in addressing operations-related issues.
- Work with other board members to develop and execute a strategic plan to further professionalize PlayThrive’s operations structure to position the organization for successful long-term growth.
Board Members are expected to:
- Commit to a 2-year term (renewable).
- Commit to Playthrive’s vision, mission, and policies.
- Attend monthly board meetings and the annual board retreat.
- Invest 3-5 hours/month to perform duties and tasks.