This summer, give your kids the chance to meet with schoolmates, make new friends, and continue their Mandarin education during Summer with the activities they’ll love.
All 3 weeks will be Mandarin Immersion camps where children will play and do projects while practicing Mandarin with the support of their teachers. These three camps, each a week-long, will follow PlayThrive’s educational philosophy of providing PBL (Project-based Learning) with a student-centered approach. Attendees are expected to have basic Mandarin understanding to participate in group activities.
June13-17: Toys Workshop
Students will be able to design, prototype, create, improve on, and then play with their own toys with friends. There will be toys about simple machines, aerodynamics, electronics, and more. (these toys will be different from last year’s workshop)
June 20 – 24: The Great Inventions of Ancient China
Papermaking, the compass, printing techniques, and more were developed by the Chinese in ancient times. Students will learn about these historical events and expand their knowledge of science and technology.
June 27 – July 1: Loong (Chinese Dragon) Camp
Loong, also known as the Chinese dragon, is a legendary creature in Chinese mythology and culture. Students will read and act-out Loong stories, experience Loong dance, and write creatively about Loong.
Signups will be available through this sign-up link, which will be activated on March 23 at 11 am.
- Time: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Classroom ES2, Orion Elementary School
- Address: 555 Ave Del Ora, Redwood City (pick-up/drop-off at Myrtle St entrance)
- Grades: Rising 1st – 5th grades
- 1:12 teacher-student ratio or better
- Fee: $450 for 1 week, $825 for 2 weeks, $1100 for 3 weeks
- Discounted rate for current PlayThrive families: $420 for 1 week, $780 for 2 weeks, $1040 for 3 weeks
- Capacity: Limited spots are available. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis with priority for current PlayThrive families.
- For non PlayThrive families, the student should have basic Mandarin skills to participate in the camp.
- What to bring: Water bottle, lunch, nut-free snack, sunscreen, and hat
Minimum and maximum attendance requirements exist for all camps. PlayThrive reserves the right to cancel or change any scheduled activities due to lack of enrollment, unforeseen weather conditions, etc. A full refund will be issued in this case.
If requesting a cancellation,
- between now and April 30: Receive a full refund minus a $25 processing fee
- between May 1 and June 1: Receive 50% refund of the paid tuition
- after June 1: Refunds will not be available
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
|2:40-3:00||Playground Time and Pick-up|